The Importance of Hydration
Discover the Importance of Hydration.
Let’s explore the importance of hydration.
An estimated 75% of Americans are dehydrated. Are you one of them?
Are You Drinking Enough Water? Feeling thirsty? I bet you are! I’ve worked with numerous individuals who admit to not drinking enough water regularly.
Do you know that we are about 60% water?
Yes, that’s right, and why it’s crucial to stay hydrated to keep your body running smoothly. Do you remember in school seeing the chart with the human brain is made up of 95% water, blood is 82% and lungs are 90% water? Flash-back to school, I know! But, let’s be honest water is the number one thing we need aside from oxygen.
Water assists with:
- Digestion and absorption of food
- Removal of toxins from your body (it is the best agent for detoxification)
- Maintaining proper muscle tone
- Forming the fluids that surround the joints
- Regulating body temperature
- Regulating metabolism
- Nourishing skin cells
Signs and symptoms of dehydration:
- Excessive thirst
- Dizziness or feeling lightheaded
- Infrequent or dark urination
- Muscle weakness or cramping
Tips on hydration:
A general guideline to follow is to aim to consume at least 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water daily. Drink pure filtered water throughout the day for optimum health.
- Herbal tea counts toward your water intake so brew some and drink it warm or ice it.
- Replace calorie-laden and artificial soft drinks with water.
- Drink ice-cold water to rev up your metabolism.
- Add lemons and lime to jazz up the flavor.
- Still, having a hard time? Download a water app and set reminders to drink water.
The quality of your water is highly important and so is your water bottle. Ditch the throw-away plastic bottles and get yourself a reusable glass bottle.
So get your drink on! Cheers to hydration!!
30-Day Natural Weight Loss Program
Start Your Journey to Natural Weight Loss. The 30-Day Natural Weight Loss Program is a nutrition and lifestyle program that incorporates nutrition education, healthy eating, fitness, yoga, mindfulness, and self-care strategies.
This Natural Weight Loss Program Includes:
- Step-by-step educational videos and resources
- Exclusive content including daily lessons
- Plant-based menu plans and recipes
- Nutrition, yoga, and meditation videos
Learn how to create healthy nutrition and lifestyle habits while igniting your metabolism.