The Importance of Hydration
Discover the Importance of Hydration.
Let’s explore the importance of hydration.
An estimated 75% of Americans are dehydrated. Are you one of them?
Are You Drinking Enough Water? Feeling thirsty? I bet you are! I’ve worked with numerous individuals who admit to not drinking enough water regularly.
Hydration is necessary for your survival and essential for weight loss, digestion, and detoxification. It is also a beauty nutrient. Want to have glowing skin? Drink more water!
Do you know that we are about 60% water?
Yes, that’s right, and why it’s crucial to stay hydrated to keep your body running smoothly. Do you remember in school seeing the chart with the human brain is made up of 95% water, blood is 82% and lungs are 90% water? Flash-back to school, I know! But, let’s be honest water is the number one thing we need aside from oxygen.
Water assists with:
- Digestion and absorption of food
- Removal of toxins from your body (it is the best agent for detoxification)
- Maintaining proper muscle tone
- Forming the fluids that surround the joints
- Regulating body temperature
- Regulating metabolism
- Nourishing skin cells
Signs and symptoms of dehydration:
- Excessive thirst
- Dizziness or feeling lightheaded
- Infrequent or dark urination
- Muscle weakness or cramping
Tips on hydration:
A general guideline to follow is to aim to consume at least 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water daily. Drink pure filtered water throughout the day for optimum health.
- Herbal tea counts toward your water intake so brew some and drink it warm or ice it.
- Replace calorie-laden and artificial soft drinks with water.
- Drink ice-cold water to rev up your metabolism.
- Add lemons and lime to jazz up the flavor.
- Still, having a hard time? Download a water app and set reminders to drink water.
The quality of your water is highly important and so is your water bottle. Ditch the throw-away plastic bottles and get yourself a reusable glass bottle.
So get your drink on! Cheers to hydration!!
30-Day Natural Weight Loss Program
Start Your Journey to Natural Weight Loss. The 30-Day Natural Weight Loss Program is a nutrition and lifestyle program that incorporates nutrition education, healthy eating, fitness, yoga, mindfulness, and self-care strategies.
This Natural Weight Loss Program Includes:
- Step-by-step educational videos and resources
- Exclusive content including daily lessons
- Plant-based menu plans and recipes
- Nutrition, yoga, and meditation videos
Learn how to create healthy nutrition and lifestyle habits while igniting your metabolism.