Top 14 Favorite Sleep Tips
Top 14 Tips For A Blissful Night Of Sleep
Proper sleep does wonders for your health.
Receiving quality sleep on an ongoing basis is extremely healing and beneficial to your health. It can help to reduce stress, enhance your energy, improve your problem-solving skills, boost your metabolism and immunity, and support heart health.
You may be sleep deprived it you:
- Rely on an alarm clock to wake up
- Hit the snooze button
- Feel sluggish in the morning
- Experience afternoon fatigue
- Need an afternoon nap
If you so, you may be sleep deprived, which is linked to lack of motivation, irritability, reduced immunity, and increased risk of diabetes and heart disease.
The more sleep you lose the more food your body will crave. Two hormones in your body regulate hunger and fullness. Ghrelin stimulates your appetite and leptin signals your brain that you are full. When you don’t get the sleep you need your ghrelin (hunger) levels go up and stimulate your appetite. Then your leptin (appetite) levels go down and you want to keep eating. To avoid this vicious cycle let’s get some sleep!!
It’s called beauty sleep for a reason, however, there are so many other benefits to proper sleep. For me, it enhances my mood. How do you feel when you get a good nights sleep?
Below are My Top 14 Sleep Tips to improve your sleep:
- Make your room dark. Install blackout blinds or curtains to minimize the external stimulus of light.
- Place technology at least 2 feet away to avoid temptation and harmful EMFs.
- Make your room quiet. Consider using earplugs, a fan, humidifier, or air filter.
- Try deep breathing. You can find some techniques here.
- Workout earlier at least 3 hours before your bedtime.
- Make a to-do list: Write down tasks for the next day so you can relax.
- Turn off electronics at least a half hour before falling asleep.
- Drink some bedtime, sleepy time, chamomile, kava kava, or an herbal tea of choice
- Read a book or magazine. Choose something a relaxing book or a health magazine.
- Go to the bathroom directly before going to bed to empty your bladder fully.
- Stick to the same bedtime and wake up time to regulate your body’s clock.
- Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and heavy meals in the evening at least 2-3 hours before bedtime.
- Eat a small bedtime snack that consists of a protein and healthy fat to support your blood sugar.
- Sleep 8-9 hours a night for optimal health and mental alertness.
Download The Free Vitality eBook
The Vitality Journal eBook is one of my favorite tools to assist you with your goals and challenges.
It is so important to understand your inner workings so that you can boost your:
- Enhance your metabolism
- Feel Vitalized
The information provided on this website is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. Please consult your physician before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.
Vitalized Body is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.