Texas Cowboy Caviar
This Texas Cowboy Caviar hits the spot. You can enjoy it with chips or just have it as a side salad. It is a breeze to prepare and the leftovers are delicious.
The Cowboy Caviar Blend
- 1 oz 15 oz can organic tribe-blend beans (kidney, pinto, black)
- 1 bell pepper (I prefer orange or yellow) peeled and chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 3 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 15 oz can organic corn or 2 ears fresh corn boiled and chilled
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup cilantro diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced (decrease to 1-2 cloves if you prefer)
Prepare the veggies and seasonings and add to a large bowl that has a lid. Mix everything well.
In a seperate bowl mix together the ingredients for the dressing. Pour the dressing into the large bowl and combine all ingredients together.
Refrigerate at least for a couple hours for the flavors to blend together and enjoy.