Creating a Wellness Routine
Create a Wellness Routine
Let’s Dive Into Creating a Wellness Routine
One of my favorite quotes is “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” – John C Maxwell
The daily habits that you create can enhance your overall well-being and help you feel your absolute best. To me being healthy is all about moderation and balance. That’s why I encourage a daily routine. When you have consistency in your schedule it can help to avoid too much or too little of things like eating, sleeping, screen-time, exercise, etc. Balance is key!
Creating a wellness routine is a critical first step on the Quest to Vitality.
Your transformational step for today is to journal your health and well-being goals and create a wellness routine. This will help you to create your vision of achieving vitality.
Journaling helps to promote a stronger mind-body connection by gaining insight as to how you feel both physically and mentally. You can download my Mind/Food/Body Journal as an adjunct to this blog post.
Be patient with yourself. Realize that you are on a beautiful journey of transition and growth.
I invite you to write down your number one well-being goal.
Up next you can write down these questions and answer them.
- Do I have a regular schedule that I consider overall healthy?
- How do I feel on a daily basis?
- Are there things that I know that I can modify in my daily routine to feel better?
- What things make me feel my absolute best?
- Am I eating healthy on a daily basis?
- Am I getting the sleep that I need?
- What is my level of ongoing stress on a scale of 1-10?
What things are coming up while you answer these questions? Take some time and reflect on what is working well and what you would like to change.
What does your ideal daily wellness routine look like?
Up next, I invite you to journal your ideal daily wellness routine. Take into consideration your current schedule, goals, and preferences.
Please write out:
- What time you will wake up
- When you will eat breakfast
- When your morning and afternoon snacks will be
- What time you will eat lunch
- What time you will eat dinner
- Ideas for exercise and when you will try them
- Ideas for self-care activities and when you will try them
- What time your bedtime will be
Let’s Dive Just a Little Deeper!
When you set goals you create a vision for what you would like to see happen in the short-term and long term.
Please Write Down Your Well-Being Goals for:
- The next month
- 3 Months
- 6 Months
Place these goals near your new daily schedule somewhere where you can see them.
Research says that it takes 21 days to create a habit. Try to stick with your new schedule for at least one month. If you fall off track just hop back on as soon as possible.
Want more support in creating a Wellness Routine?
- Check out my Top 14 Tips For A Good Night Of Rest Here.
- Check out my Recipe For Vitality Here.
- 3 Deep Breathing Exercises
- Creating An At-Home Meditation Practice
Please say hi in the comment section below.
Please comment below and let me know what you’re most excited to start in your new wellness routine.
Stay tuned in for my next post will be coming soon! In the meantime, sign up below to receive the Vitality Guide, updates about my book, well-being tips, and more!