Adrenal Stress Test
Saliva testing for DHEA and diurnal cortisol levels at 4 times throughout the day to assess full adrenal function.
- 4 Cortisol tubes
- 20-minute nutrition consultation with Jessica to review the results
Adrenal Stress Panel
Want to use your HSA/FSA account? Please contact your FSA/HSA company to see if the adrenal stress test will be covered.
Chronic stress can wreak havoc on your body. It disrupts your metabolism and can contribute to neurological conditions, GI issues, and hormone imbalance. Not to mention weight gain. Stress interferes with your sleep-wake cycle.
The Adrenal Stress Test measures your response to stress.
If you have experienced prolonged stress it can lead to an imbalance of cortisol. Cortisol is released during stress and DHEA is released to d-stress. Increased cortisol:DHEA ratio = a state of “emergency” versus a state of “repair and relax”. The balance and ratio of these hormones provide insight into how the body is responding to stress.
Cortisol is meant to be higher in the morning to provide us with energy and then lower in the evening so that we can wind down. In the case of chronic ongoing (chronic) stress is that your cortisol rhythm can become off-kilter.
Evaluating cortisol:DHEA ratio with an Adrenal Stress Panel can identify hormone patterns as a response to stress. From the results, you can begin to integrate ways to support your adrenal glands via diet and lifestyle.
Symptoms of Adrenal Imbalance:
- Weight gain or inability to lose weight
- lowered thyroid function
- Cardiovascular stress
- Alterations in blood sugar
- Muscle loss
- Sleep disturbances
- Decreased sex drive
- Memory loss
- Increase in sugar cravings
- Decreased immunity
- Fasting Required: No
- Specimen: 4 timed saliva samples; upon wakening, Noon, 4 pm, and at bedtime.
- Results: 5-7 business days
- Result turnaround times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather or other circumstances.