Mindful cooking is a critical component in improving your health.
In this World, there is always constant change and forward thinking. I am a huge fan of setting intentions and goal setting. It is also important to stay grounded and be mindful of the present moment. I invite you to live the moment and create a practice of cooking mindfully. This practice is perfect for our modern society where we have a tendency to rush through our lives and self-care falls to the wayside.
Accepting things for what and where they are allows for space to become more mindful and cultivate gratitude.
It can be challenging to focus on the present moment. There are many ways that you can begin this practice and become more mindful of yourself and your surroundings. A step onto the path of embracing the present moment can start by beginning to develop a sense of awareness of what you eat and how it makes you feel.
Preparing a meal is a great example; many of us speed through the process to get to the end result, which is a sense of fullness. Allow yourself the time to fully experience and appreciate the act of preparing a home cooked meal, rather than rushing through it and multi-tasking.
“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, and melting like a snowflake.” ― Francis Bacon
Mindful Cooking Tips
- Set up your kitchen to be clean and comfortable. Clear away the clutter and create an efficient area where you have everything you need. You can try lighting some candles and listening to music. I also love a nice rug and a few plants to add a more comforting vibe. Below are some of my favorite kitchen accents. Deck out your kitchen and create an environment you love!
- Shift into the mindset from thinking, “I have to cook this meal” to “I get to prepare this meal”. This can do wonders in developing an appreciation for cooking.
- From the beginning observe all the senses. Start to take notice when you select what you will prepare and gather the ingredients from the store. Then continue to notice as you create the meal, and savor all of it’s nurturing flavors.
- Work on cultivating gratitude for the selection and availability of foods. Begin to develop an appreciation for the farmers who grew it. Even consider the seeds, rain, soil, and growth of the plants you cook with.
- Acknowledge all of the emotions you experience. Become aware that as your body processes the meal and breaks it down it becomes part of you, making you stronger and healthier.
When you begin to nourish your body, mind, and spirit with this holistic approach healing transpires on a cellular level. Start with these tips today and create a better future. Mindset is everything and mindful cooking is a step in the direction towards changing your perspective of cooking and living a healthier life.
Want more support? Reach out to me for a Nutrition Session.