Jessi Kha Soup is delicious, great for your soul, and your immune system.
I just know that you will love Jessi Kha Soup as much as I do. When I used to live in Denver there was a restaurant called Thai Basil that was one of my favorite places to visit. I used to love to go there and order their Tom Kha Soup. It was heaven in a bowl. Every time I ate it I felt a sense of renewal. It was as if all my cells radiated with healing and joy in unison. If you have never tried Tom Kha Soup it’s a classic Thai coconut soup and it’s delicious.
When I moved away to the foothills I knew it was time to create this cup of heaven at home. Over the past handful of years, I’ve added ingredients and taken them away to make it perfect. This is my all-time favorite soup to make and my husband Brandon’s favorite soup to eat. You can whip it up and have it throughout the week. It has shiitake mushrooms, which are amazing for your immune health.
Jessi Kha Soup is gluten-free, dairy-free, and you have the option to make it pescatarian or vegan. Please modify it to your preference and let me know how you like it. Enjoy!
If you like Thai flavors try my Thai Curry Soup and Pumpkin Coconut Curry Soup and Jackfruit Coconut Curry recipes too.
Jessi Kha Soup
Ingredients for Jessi Kha Soup
- 8 cup filtered water
- 2 13 ounce cans light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 5.4 ounce unsweetened coconut cream
- 1 vegetable bouillon - garden veggie (vegan)
- 4 tbsp fish sauce (leave out for vegan option)
- 2 large limes juiced
- 2 tbsp red chili paste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 sprig of lemongrass root diced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 6 cloves garlic diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (remove stems and chop)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package silken firm tofu cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound shrimp without peels (leave out for vegan option)
- 3/4 pound shiitake mushrooms
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp into a large pan and boil for 15 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer for another 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro or Thai Basil and serve with potstickers or egg rolls. Enjoy!