Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
This Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is hands-down the best I’ve ever had. I created this recipe for my 7-Day Fall Into Winter Reset Nutrition and Lifestyle Cleanse because butternut squash has high fiber content and is full of vitamin C, E, beta-carotene.
The first time I made this recipe I knew I needed to redeem myself. It was too watery (I had 4 cups of extra water in the recipe). Instead of beating myself up about it, I decided to modify the recipe and add coconut cream instead. This time around I made it blog-worthy.
This soup is perfectly smooth, creamy, and flavorful.
Free of the Common Inflammatory Foods
It’s easy to digest. One of the goals of my Fall Into Winter Reset is free of common inflammatory foods (gluten, dairy, corn, soy, and nightshades). Avoiding these foods should help to ease some digestive distress. To make it creamy you add in a can of unsweetened coconut milk as a dairy-free alternative.
This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron. There is no added sugar, however, the squash is naturally sweet. Read about the health benefits of butternut squash.
|Vitamin A||424 %|
|Vitamin C||72 %|
You can top it off with walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, or sesame seeds if you prefer a little crunch.
The Fall Into Winter Reset
The Fall Into Winter Reset is a 7-day online program that supports your body as the seasons change. Just as the trees, plants, and animals prepare for each season we should too. Every season affects your body differently and it is vital to prepare for the transitions to experience ultimate health. The program focuses on enhancing digestive health, liver health, and immune system through the consumption of seasonal food and lifestyle practices. Learn more and gain instant access to the Fall Into Winter Reset.
Try this Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe out and leave a comment telling me how you liked it. Enjoy!
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup shallots diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 inch ginger minced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Cut the butternut squash 1/2 way through lengthwise and place seed side down in a casserole dish and add about 1-inch of water. Place the casserole dish in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the squash is tender. Once the squash is tender remove it and let it cool. Scoop it out from the skin and chop it into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large pot. Add onions, shallots, ginger, and garlic to the pot and top with pepper and fennel seeds. Stir-fry the mixture for a few minutes and be careful not to burn the garlic. Add the butternut squash, 1/2 lime, and coconut milk to the pot and stir. Then transfer to a blender and puree until creamy and smooth. Return the mixture to the pot and heat to your desired temperature on medium for about 5-minutes. Enjoy!
- Transfer to a blender and puree until creamy and smooth. Return the mixture to the pot and heat to your desired temperature on medium for about 5-minutes. Enjoy!