I have invited my talented husband Brandon to share his Brussels Sprouts recipe with you!
Brandon has been so supportive to me and Vitalized Body. The revamped website you are witnessing is mainly due to his professional and creative efforts. Thanks, Brandon!
Bonus points – He has a passionate flair for cooking healthy dishes that are scrumptious. The first recipe that he will be showcasing is his “Brandon’s Brussels Sprouts”. And, yes they are Extra! Read about the health benefit of Brussels Sprouts here.
Sorry Bobby Flay, Brandon’s cooking is on fire these days!
It started out innocently enough, when we first started dating I walked into Brandon’s apartment and was pleasantly surprised to see an assortment of cookbooks in his kitchen. He quickly began to steal my heart with his culinary skills and passion for combining flavors… the wine helped out too. As we moved forward with our relationship our friendship and love grew, and his flair for cooking erupted. Here we are nine years later and I just had to ask him to share his recipes with you! Without further ado, here we are!
Brandon’s Brussels Sprouts is a simple, yet delicious recipe that is vegan and gluten-free. This recipe is mouthwatering, easy to prepare, and a flavorful alternative to steamed Brussels Sprout.
Try it out and leave a comment telling us how you liked it. Enjoy!
The Ultimate Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat skillet to medium heat.
- Wash brussels sprouts and cut off stem. Cut into quarters (or half if small).
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to skillet and let it heat up for about 2 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts to skillet. Toss frequently during sizzling.
- Add curry powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and stir.
- Cook 15-20 minutes, brussels sprouts will begin to slightly brown (Brandon's Pro-tip: avoid charring by tossing periodically).
- Stir in diced tomato and avocado.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!