I have invited my talented husband Brandon Reader to share his recipes with you!
Brandon has been so supportive to myself and Vitalized Body. The revamped web redesign you are witnessing is mainly due to his professional and creative efforts. Thanks Brandon! Bonus points – He has a passionate flair for cooking healthy dishes that are scrumptious. His first recipe that he will be showcasing are his Beloved Brussel Sprouts!
Sorry Bobby Flay, Brandon’s cooking is on fire these days!
It started out innocently enough, when we first started dating I walked into Brandon’s apartment and was pleasantly surprised to see an assortment of cookbooks in his kitchen. He quickly began to steal my heart with his culinary skills and passion for combining flavors..the wine helped out too. As we moved forward with our relationship our friendship and love grew, and his flair for cooking erupted. Here we are almost seven years later and I just had to ask him to share his recipes with you! Without further ado, here we are!
Brandon’s Beloved Brussel Sprouts
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 1lb Brussel sprouts
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Roma tomato
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Wash Brussel sprouts and cut off stem. Cut into quarters
- Preheat skillet to medium heat
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ground salt and pepper to taste to skillet and let it heat up
- Let oil heat for about 2 minutes then toss in Brussel sprouts and begin to sizzle turning/stirring frequently
- Add curry powder, onion powder, garlic powder and stir
- Allow to cook 15-20 minutes, (Pro-tip: avoid overcooking by stirring the sprouts periodically)
- Stir in diced tomato and avocado
- Cook for 5 more minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe content ©2018 Jessica Lee Reader. All rights reserved.